Your book cover is not a decoration.
It’s a smart business investment.
Included in the fee:
- Everything for your book cover — front, back and spine — is designed by me. There are no junior designers. My 25 years of experience with bestsellers is brought to your book.
- All formats are provided upon request: softcover, hardcover, ebook, audiobook, advance reading copies and cover images for promotion.
- You own all rights to the cover design.
- Back cover editing is provided upon request.
- The barcode for your back cover is provided. You supply the ISBN.
- A digital archive of all files is provided at your request.
- If you need an interior designer, editor, publicist or any book industry professional, I can advise you.
What you don’t get: arguments, delays, or hidden charges
Here is what you do:
Tell me about your book by telephone or e-mail. I would like a PDF of your manuscript so I can completely know and feel your book. It does not have to be edited. If a manuscript is not possible, sample chapters and a book summary will suffice. Also, you can help me serve you by providing the following information:
- What book(s) are people most likely to compare to yours?
- What is the age and gender of those who want your book the most?
- Are there any book covers that especially appeal to you personally?
You will receive a written quote before work begins. Please let me know if you are rushing but normally you should allow two-three weeks to receive the first proof of the front cover. The first design is often accepted but you are welcome to ask for as many revisions as you like or start a new concept, up to three. My clients enjoy the process. Please be assured that I am here for you and make every effort to give you a cover you’ll absolutely love (see testimonials). If you are unsure, don’t worry. I’ll help you avoid mistakes and get the best result possible.
After you approve the front cover, the back cover and spine follow within a few days. With your approval of the back cover and spine, the cover will be ready to publish.
A deposit of $1875 (half the design fee) is required. Check, PayPal, bank transfer, and major credit cards accepted. After we have begun, you may stop the work and request a refund of half the deposit.
To get started or ask questions, please call 641-472-3953 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks! I look forward to meeting you. — George Foster